Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wedding Card

I got the card for my son and his soon to be wife done, I think.  I mostly like the front of it, but I need to redo the inside because I really don't like it.  I will have to think on it for a day or two and see if I can come up with something different.  Until then, here is the front.  I think it turned out okay.

I ran some C'oredinations cardstock through the cuttlebug using the heart embossing folder and then sanded it, punched the corners, used a Martha Stewart border punch to punch the bottom (I used this same punch on the invitations), added ribbon, a flower and some brads.

I painted the wedding dress and the tux with metallic paint, it doesn't show up well in the photo. I colored the rest of the image with colored pencils and baby oil.  I used a corner punch to round the corners, added some Stickles for a bit of bling, and there ya have it.

I still haven't taken pictures of the invitations and uploaded them, I need to do that.

I made a couple more flowers from scraps, a flower punch, Glimmer Mist, homemade Glimmer Mist and a couple of brads.  I think they turned out pretty good!  I will probably use these on a project for one of my DD soroity friends.  Seems like I always have something in the works!  I don't mind though, I am glad my DD found good friends at college that she can rely on, especially with her being so far from home!

Lastly, I got my mom's Mother's Day card done!  She loves Frogs, so I used a Penny Black stamp (minus the words and heart on the stamp) with two frogs on it.  I colored the image with colored pencils and baby oil.  I made some water also.  I sponged in the sky with a dauber and some ink from SU!.  For being my first time doing either of these techniques, I think it turned out pretty good.  The only thing I would change is the color of the lily pad!  I used some Stickles to bling it up a little.

I had a kit from something (can't remember where it came from or what it was suppose to be!...LOL!) laying around so I used some of it on this card.  I used a Sharpie and did some faux stitching, added some ribbon and Prima's with brads and there's the front!  I love stamping and coloring, just need to learn to do it a little better.  My shading is the worst, but oh well, it is homemade so therefore it won't be perfect!  At least that's what I keep telling myself!

For the inside I used more of the aforementioned kit, inked the edges, added some more faux stitching, used a border punch to punch one of the pieces of patterned paper,  stamped Happy Mother's Day and voila!  Card is done!  I added some paper clips that I found at Staples that she will like also!

I have three more cards I need to make this month, another Mother's Day card and two birthday cards.  So far I am ahead so that is good.  Usually I am doing them at the last minute.

Well I guess that is all for tonight!  Have a great night!